Filed under: Digital Strategy
What does digital strategy offer?
- an opportunity to understand the people who buy and might like to buy your product better
- a business process that will increase the effectiveness of your marketing spend
- a architectural plan of the places and experiences required to unpack the offer of a brand and connect it to people that increases value
Why do you need it?
- because you need to know the right questions to get the right answers
- because simply knowing the highest traffic-ed sites of your target audience might not solve any of the brand’s business problems
- because designing response and prompting interaction is more than media placement pointing to destination websites.
My unfavorite ‘briefs’
- What can I get for $50K? Quickly.
- What sites match our magazine strategy?
- Increase site visitation 650% and triple our subscribers. Tell us how much money we can make from serving ads to our database afterwards.
Great digital experiences that build brands and grow audiences are all about connections planning
- What are we trying to achieve?
- What’s the core idea that makes the brand and people lean into each other?
- How can we create romance, a series of interactions, to achieve the first two ideas?
This is not technology dependant: it’s idea dependant, it’s insight dependant.
It’s just good business.
3 Comments so far
Leave a comment