Click the image to watch The Unseen Sea by Simon Christen- it’s intensely beautiful.
This collection of time lapses taken around the San Francisco Bay Area was roughly shot over the period of one year. It got me thinking about ebb and flow. About our own unseen seas. (thanks Stig)
I’m fascinated by people choosing to live their lives with passion, truth and rigour. Setting sail on uncharted waters but with an internal lodestone and a clear eye on the imagined destination. Charting by the stars. People who take the time to know themselves and have the courage to be themselves.
Mark shared a link to this wonderful story of the journey that TK recently went through to reduce the gap between his desired and current realities the process of making a principled and conscious life decision:
If you squint at the picture, you’ll see the rough process that he followed:
- Starting by answering “What are my values?”
- Based on my values, then “What do I want my life to be about?”
- Thinking hard about what the first two columns meant and elaborating on the things that had the likelihood of being buzz-wordy, undefined, or just plain untrue.
- You can’t see this part in the picture, but I then thought through where I am now in my life and reconciled the differences between what I want and where I am today.
- Finally, I formulated a plan that would allow me to make the changes I need to make to my life to get to what I want in and out of my life.
Happy sailing my friend.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment